Here's my Easy Shepherd's Pie:
1 10oz package of frozen peas w/ pearl onions, cooked per instructions [substitute your favorite vegetable(s) here]
Meat from one rotisserie chicken
1 package Bob Evan's mashed potatoes, cooked per instructions
1/2 jar Heinz Homestyle gravy, turkey or chicken flavor
All I did was put the chicken meat, which I tore into bite-sized pieces, in the bottom of an oven-safe pot, mixed in the package of peas & pearl onions and the gravy, and topped with the mashed potatoes, which I smoothed out with the back of a spoon. I put the whole thing in the oven uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Voila!
I know a traditional Shepherd's Pie has either beef or lamb, but I was using what was on hand. I really enjoyed it, and I think Uncle Wes did too. He doesn't usually eat leftovers but there was hardly any for me when I got home from dialysis on Friday. Next time, I'm definitely making more!
This is something that's easy to put together and only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish to prepare. I didn't even use an entire rotisserie chicken, as I'd already eaten the legs and thighs. I'm not a fan of the white meat and this was a perfect solution to use the remainder of the meat.
Another Method:
I used a 2lb package of mashed potatoes, instead of just 24oz. I also used 1lb of chicken breast tenderloins that I baked for 45 minutes and then shredded, all in the glass casserole dish. I topped the shredded chicken with a 10oz package of cooked peas and the mashed potatoes. I put several pats of butter on top because these potatoes said to add butter to taste.
Some of my favorite recipes that may or may not have been mentioned on Crossed Purposes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please let me know if you try a recipe. Thank you!